Here's what sustainers will help us accomplish this fall:
- Kick off an exciting campaign to win rights for local workers and community members up in the area around Temple;
- work alongside city residents and public service workers in a fierce direct action campaign to keep city workers fairly employed, and keep essential services like libraries, pools, after-school programming, and more free and open;
- fight alongside workers and unions in solidarity during contract fights and other workplace disputes;
- connect faith leaders and labor with our September Labor in the Pulpits program in coordination with Philadelphia AFL-CIO, Interfaith Workers' Justice, and dozens of congregations in and around the city;
- build student leadership and training the next generation of organizers through our Student Labor Action Project;
- push for local, state and national legislation to guarantee full employment, fair jobs, and funded public services in coordination with National Jobs with Justice; and
- mobilize for direct actions on 9/15, 10/2, and more to force big business to pay its fair share.
We have an amazing movement full of excited volunteers, staff, interns, and allies, all ready to launch this full slate of programming. Help make our vision for Fall 2010 a reality by signing up as a monthly sustainer with Philadelphia Jobs with Justice.
Thank you for your support--you are what makes this movement happen.