Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Are you ready to Occupy Philadelphia?


In case you've been living under a rock: The Occupy Wall Street is spreading. And it's coming to Philadelphia.

At Tuesday's General Assembly, more than 1,000 people representing Occupy Philadelphiavoted to begin occupation THIS Thursday, October 6th, at 9 am at City Hall.

After the meeting, I was walking back to my bus stop with an organizer I respect a whole lot. He said this:

"I don't buy this whole 'it doesn't count because there are multiple issues' crap. People are mad. We know what we're mad about. And the corporations and politicians that have something to lose, they know what we're mad about, too--and that's why they're trying to dismiss this as meaningless."

I couldn't say it any better. Listen: there is a lot to be mad about. Labor knows it. The unemployed know it. You and I know it. And I genuinely believe that this occupation has the potential to be the opportunity we need to connect together and build our movement.

Will you join us in realizing that potential for true solidarity?

No comments:

Post a Comment